How Siemens developed strong, empowered women leaders
‘We learnt to love ourselves. We learnt to live “guilt free” by taking care of our CARES. We pushed each other to excel. We applauded each other for every new step taken towards our development. We were 12 women who came together and became “We”.’
– Shikha Rautela, <Designation>
The Emerging Leadership Program (ELP) was conducted by Sailaja for Siemens Technology & Services. The purpose was to strengthen and empower the women leaders at the organisation.
To enable 12 selected women leaders from Siemens to build upon their individual strengths, zero in on what’s holding them back and create a more confident leadership presence.
The Goals/Expected Outcomes
The Solutions Offered
Sai created a customised program consisting of:
- 24 online modules
- 8 in-person workshops
- Group calls
- One-on-one coaching sessions
The Process Applied
During the program, Sai introduced the women leaders to concepts like SELPH, Inner Critic, Abundance Mantras, the Anatomy of Action and CARE. These learning practices were chosen to enable the women leaders to identify the things that drive them, and chart out an actionable path to achieve their goals.
At the end of the program, the women emerged as stronger, more confident leaders. Here are some differences that they observed:
- They were better able to focus on their CARES
- They could speak up and speak their minds about differing viewpoints from their managers and colleagues
- They assumed a more confident attitude at work
- They used more confident and assertive language during interactions and requents
- They could work on their own development plans and take on bigger roles
Roadblocks observed and addressed
The final outcome (and how long it took. Show numbers and stats)